Angela Winton was named the newest member of the City Council on February 5, 2019 Winton replaced Alex Garza, who resigned his post on January 1, 2019, after being elected to the Michigan House of Representatives.
was approved by a 4-2 vote. City Council, per guidelines outlined in the City
Charter, is tasked with filling any vacancy. Council requested applications for
the post in December 2019.
The new councilmember has 18 years of extensive experience in management and human resources including administration, training, budgets and payroll while working as the current chief HR officer at The Senior Alliance (Wayne, MI).
- Launched and currently manages Metro Detroit Share, a 501(c)3. Metro Detroit Share was formed in 2008 to provide support to families who endure the loss of a baby during pregnancy or infancy. Metro Detroit Share provides online and in support meetings, offers funeral assistance to families, holds annual remembrance services, provides support to hospital bereavement programs and helps provide training for those professionals that encounter families who have experienced loss. All of this is done with a volunteer network. Metro Detroit Share is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit.
- She is graduate of Eastern Michigan University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management in 2003.
- HR generalist and payroll administrator with West Side Beer Distributing (Romulus, MI)
- HR-payroll manager at Flooring America (Southfield, MI)
- Served as a recreation commissioner in Taylor
- On the committee for the Center for Women’s and Children’s Health, Henry Ford Hospital
- A member of the Karen Colina Wilson Foundation Rose Ella Golf Outing benefiting the Cleveland Clinic
- Holiday Meals on Wheels for the last six years
- 1996 graduate of Taylor Center High School, where she was the school’s valedictorian.