How do I get a building, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing permit?

Applications and fee schedules can be found on City Forms. Completed applications are processed at the Municipal Building at 23555 Goddard Road. You can make payments with cash, check, or money order. If you mail the application and request paid permit/receipt be returned by mail, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE). Permits that are processed with no enclosed SASE will not be returned. No work can be started until a permit has been issued.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. How do I get a building, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing permit?
3. How much does a permit cost?
4. How do I schedule a permit inspection or re-inspection?
5. Do I need an inspection?
6. What are the results of my inspection?
7. How much is an inspection?
8. Do I need a Certificate of Occupancy?
9. When will my Certificate of Occupancy expire?
10. How do I get a Certificate of Compliance?
11. Do I have to register my rental property?
12. How long is a Rental Certificate of Compliance valid?
13. What happens if my rental is out of compliance?
14. What is the process to open a new business in an existing building?
15. How do I contact the building inspector?
16. How do I apply for Permit Plan Review & How long does it take for review?
17. Does my permit application need plan review?
18. How much does plan review cost?
19. How do I register my contractor's license in order to pull permits?
20. What is a Zoning Review Fee and does it apply to my permit?